Thursday, September 07, 2006

It Continues Like I Told You It Would

It happened to tonight… You know what they say…When you least expect it.

Yes that is right, the CREATURE, was avenged last night…da..da..da!

I knew his family of mutated indestructible slimy pests would not be satisfied until the laid their vengeance on me.

And so it was last night…

It was late as I crawled into bed, I pulled back the sheet, and tucked myself in.

Ahh, I forgot to turn off the lights (a strange thing I know—I think they were working some kind of mind warp on me).

I open my eyes and began to pull of my sheet and there right by my chin is a HUGE cockroach! (Not as big as its brother this one was only 2 inches as apposed to 3).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! I jumped out of bed grabbed my nearest flipflop and started whacking. I must have hit that thing 10 times but it didn’t want to die. Finally I squished it between two flipflops and threw it outside.

Now to go to sleep….
How do you go to sleep after that?
Most of you couldn’t sleep if you found a daddy longleg on your comforter.
Thank the Lord I have Jesus, is all I have to say. I prayed for the strength to close my eyes and fall asleep. And it worked, Amen!

Oh, you’re probably wondering about the sheet, right?
Did I get a new one?
No way, I did it Indian style; turned it over so I couldn’t see the mess and went to sleep.

Sweet Dreams!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a story! And that it is true too...wow! It should be interesting when I get over there...I was a little disappointed that you didn't take any photos of this "bloody" mess :)Maybe I can try and find a cockroach detector so that the next time an alarm will sound before you have to go through such a horrible ordeal! Keep strong and smiling! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should preserve the various critters you encounter in a scrapbook...might be interesting for the western world to see when u get back. I know you've come across insects and thought.."what the heck is that?" haha. HUGS to you. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
Wow--and I thought exposing you to camping as a child would be enough but you have proved yourself much more adaptable now than with crickets and spiders in the tent. You continue to amaze me and I am so blessed to know that when you think you can't sleep you turn to your Father for peace--that's the best!!! Love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

hey stephanie. this is cindy from life group. i know i havent been able to write anything. but i love reading your blogg and am so encouraged and blown away everytime i read it! thank you! i love hearing it all!
cindy chon