Monday, February 19, 2007

Quick Prayer Request

(Please forgive the spelling/grammer I wrote this quickly)
At the red-light area there is one boy who I think is real special. I creatively call him "Special Boy." He was the child of a prostitute, the son of a "John." When his mother gave birth she took off and left her son behind. Over the past couple months I noticed that he is treated as the village outcast. Everyone beats on him (sometime he deserves it as you can imagine he acts out a lot but no one deserves the treatment this kid gets). We today I go into the Red-light area and notice that Special Boy is not wearing pants. Ok, not completely unusual for India but when he turns towards me I see his little left leg leg has a terrible 6 inch burn down the inside of his thigh. When I see it of course I must of looked startled. So I started asking who did this and then he showed me his hand; 1/2 of it is covered in a blister from being burn. I guess he runs away a lot (I wonder why) and so as punishment they burned him.
Please pray as tomorrow I am going to speak to "Big Mamma" about taking him out of there and putting him in either the RH Home or Suresh's home. Please pray for the staff members at the RH home that if SB comes to the home that they be prepared to deal with the many issues and difficulties that will arrise as we care for this child.
I will post a picture of him so you have a face with the "name."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
After I heard about Special Boy in your own voice my heart breaks even more when I read what is happening to this little guy. What a special place you are in to be the hands and feet of Jesus--caring when no one else does. God bless you and give you strength to know the right words to say and actions to take. Always praying for the special situations you encounter. Love you so much.

Anonymous said...

Oh Stephanie, I just can't imagine seeing that, prayer for strength be with you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Stephanie this is Rebekah..
WoW when i Read about the Special Boy my eyes started to get Teary and WoW i will Deff Pray for him That is soo Amazing to see how Much you Care For this Little Boy i Love Little Kids did i meet that one when i went to India... i'm hoping to come back maybe in January i'm really Excited.. I LOVE YOU LOTS...
*Rebekah*