Thursday, March 01, 2007

Trotter, from Revolution, was gettin’ on me about needing to update my blog more but can I just tell you that that isn’t as easy as it sounds. For the past few days I have come to the internet café check my mail and than prepare to make a new post but the connection goes out. So I am sitting here at the café waiting until the connection returns (so far 30 minutes) because I WILL post today! Speaking of Internet, I paid $200 to have connection for Suresh and I in the house but that was 4 months ago. Yesterday a couple of guys from the internet company came to assess my room and said they would be back to make the installation at around 2 or 3pm but I knew better! I’ll keep waiting. It’s probably better this way, if I get internet in my room I will have nothing to blame for not posting more regularly.

The girls at the center are doing well. They are really enjoying the new project I gave them, a simple sling handbag with light hand-embroidery. Their sewing skill level is pretty elementary but the project I chose is simple and allows them to display their embroidery which they LOVE doing. I haven’t even told them about the money that they will make; I am afraid to do that because as it is I can’t get them out of the center to take lunch or close for the evening, once they find out how much they get from each bag they will be busting the locks to get in. Please join with me in praying that each girl would know how much the Lord loves them and wants the best for their lives.

Below are pictures of Special Boy’s burns (just so you would know how bad it really was).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh. My hear is aching for "special boy." Seiously, I have a knot in my stomach. I will pray for him. Any news about him living with someone else?