Monday, April 23, 2007

Precious in His Sight


Our youngest member is 2 ½ years old and serves in the center as comic relief. She is just the sweetest thing. With her mouth constantly open in a big smile Ramia is thrilled to spend the whole day with us looking at design books, trying her best to get hold of scissors, and picking up sewing boxes and putting anywhere except next to the person that needs them.

Ramia LOVES scissors! They are the one thing she goes for the most. In fact she gets hold of them all the time. Each time I catch her (no one else seems to care) I tell her wudu which means NO in Telugu. I have told her wudu so much that now while she is holding scissors she says wudu, wudu, wudu. She also says hey but that is because everyone is always yelling that at her so I guess she has decided to yell it back.

I taught Ramia her first English word: Thank You. Ramia just wants to be apart of the group and so she moves the sewing boxes all the time because it makes her feel like she is doing something. So when she brings the boxes to me I always tell her thank you. The other day Ramia brought a box to me and I told her thank you and she replied by saying thank you. I was floored, it was so cute.

Last cute thing on Ramia and then I will shut up. She wants to embroider sooo bad. She is always trying to see what the girls are doing and get her hands on fabric. A few days ago she picked up a bag that was in the process of being embroidered. She sat down took the needle and poked the clothe and then pulled it out all the way up and just kept going for like ten minutes...well, until one of the girls saw her and slapped her and took it away from her. Cute things don’t last very long around here so I was glad to have captured the moment (see pictures).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable.